3/19/09

Just a glimpse of Roma









Hey all,

I just wanted to give you all a glimpse of Roma and all its splendor. I may or may not be in most of the pictures, but I will be in some of them for the sure purpose of scaling. So that you know the SCALE of how they do in Roma because they do it BIG! 

We went to the Capitoline Museum. Here is a very famous picture from Carveggio entitled "The Fortune Teller."  The other picture is me and the Roman Forum in the background. One picture here is of me sitting on one of the fountain ledges in the Capitoline Museum. I won't tell all that is in the picture, I will explain that all when I get home. 

On our way to Ostia Antica there was this pyramid built next to the Aurelian walls and next to the walls are the city gates (they look like a castle). The top picture is a secret temple in Ostia Antica for the Cult of Mithras. Then there is a picture of Mithras killing the bull. Then there is the picture of me posing next to a column in the Ostia Forum.

We came back later that day and relaxed before we headed out on our nightly Gelato runs. We went to this really old (100 year old) world famous Gelato store called Giolitti Gelateria. Trust me, me weren't the least bit disappointed. Even though we waited in line for what seemed like a half hour. They have their signature gelato that is called "After Eight." It looks like some bright green, nuclear waste that Homer Simpson would play with and eat. But it tasted like Andes after dinner chocolate mints.   You can peep out there store at their website. I will try to go get a picture next time.  http://www.giolitti.it/english/home.html 

Please notice the picture of the Pantheon I shot last night with my camera. It has a night feature. When I used this featured it created this reflective nature that caused the moon to appear. I didn't believe it at first so I look up in the sky and to my amazement I couldn't find the moon in the sky at all. Pretty cool. I love my camera... Anyways that is enough for now, I must get ready for afternoon class. So have a great day. I hope you all enjoy the pictures.

Ciao,

Jonathan






No comments:

Post a Comment