3/19/09

More Photos of Rome



















































Bonjourno Blogosphere. If you click on this link you can see some of my handiwork with my little digital camera. However this picture is of me next to a column of the Pantheon. One cannot truly appreciate or know the scale of Roman architecture unless one visits Rome. These spatial relationships are killing me mentally. I just keep thinking about how much wealth and labor it took to build these monumental places. I won't try to get on my soap box, I will spare you that for another day and time. But I am willing to talk about it with whomever would like to converse about these things. 

Another cool piece of non-traditional or classical Roman art is the street type "tagging" or graffiti that I like. Here is one that my man Toka found on one of the alley walls, so I couldn't resist taking a snapshot. I hope you enjoy it. Plus I have included another photo that is a piece of cool art that is actually a bottles of wine with one of my heroes Ernesto "Che" Guevara. I actually took the photo through the window the first day I was here. Ironically, there were bottles of Adolph Hitler and Benito Mussolini in the same window. I also took a picture of them but I left them off my blog. You have to contact to get a picture of them. Our shuttle bus driver from the airport seemed really high on Mussolini.   

The Trevi Fountain was really cool. It always has throngs of people there, even people hustling tripods, souvenirs and flowers. Even at the Colosseum there were people dressed like Roman gladiators hustling pictures of them with swords at people's throats... It begs the question does it trivialize or marginalize people or is it just another way to hustle to make ends meet in the tourist game. Click on the link below to see one of my albums. 


Ciao!

Jonathan



No comments:

Post a Comment