3/21/09

Libertad & Travestre






Give us free! This was the our desire to see the city of Rome on our own during the day. I am really grateful that our instructor gave us a day off. It was just really nice to get out and spend a day exploring all that is Rome at our own leisure.


So today for our free day, we decided to go to the Villa Borghese and see the Galleria Borghese. It was truly a phenomenal place. There was so much artwork that I don't know where to begin. Word of advice to anyone that desires to go there, make sure that you get advanced reservations and arrive early. Otherwise you will not get in, because they are always sold out. If you are coming to Rome, this is the place that houses two of Bernini's most amazing sculptures of the biblical "David" and the anamorphic "Apollo and Daphne." It was really astounding to see the sculpture transition from female to tree. They were truly sights to behold. There was also this painting of David holding Goliath's head after he cut if off with a sword. Wow is all I got to say. You would see pictures on my blog about it, but they have strict no pictures policies. 

After the galleria, we walked around the park a little, then Sarah (L.) and I was talking about what would happen if I were to jump into the pond. Would anything happen to me besides getting frozen feet? Then she said "I'll do it." I said "Yeah, right?" She then said "Watch me!"  Below is the evidence that I was wrong, Ramses and Sarah are standing in the pond. Below is just a random picture of the Roman skyline near the Spanish Steps.  

For the fashionistas I have attached a couple of pictures of some world famous designers like Jimmy Choo and Prada. I saw many, many more but I didn't want my blog to be too commercial. That would hurt my reputation, gotta keep it gangsta. 

After all our traveling, we got really hungry so we dropped off our bags and headed across the bridge, across the Tiber river to Travestre. We (Toka, Sarah L., Vidang & me) went and got lunch at L' Antico Moro. Our lunch was authentic, service was good and the white house was decent. Plus it was very inexpensive. Then tried to look for the market, but it was already siesta time. So we then decided to look for these handmade leather bound books. We walked all over the city only to end up next door to the shop we was originally looking for. Plus during our journey we found this really cool cafe named Antilia. However the really cool thing about it was that rugby was playing on the big screen. They had really good  cappuccinos.  Oh well, it was a good day.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment