6/17/09

From Seoul to Church Hotel to Temple of Literature

여보세요 친구 In other words, hello. I would have spelled it phonetically, but I had trouble spelling ana-sayo. That still probably is not correct. In this page you will see us at the Incheon International Airport in Korea. The airport was a little confusing; we almost processed through customs, if it had not been for me asking questions like I do. The picture I took from the plane is us flying over Kamchatka, Russia. I had never flown over the Pacific Ocean, which was kind of cool.

One of the cool things about Korea Air was that they had this ingenious little invention that they connected to the wall like a little baby bassinet! You can check out the picture. The flight took forever, even longer than the one I took to Rome, but at least the food was better, plus you got to love the customer service. I wished I only realized that I forgot my journal earlier. Later the night we got into Hanoi around 10:00 pm. It was really hot! Here are some pictures of us picking up our luggage and getting taxis. We are staying at the Church Hotel in Hanoi; it is pretty modern with A/C. It is really close to this 17th century church.

Didn’t sleep much the first night. Here is a view from our apt over looking Hanoi. Have a nice complimentary breakfast of bacon and eggs with ca phe sua da (Viet coffee with condensed milk over ice). I really love that stuff. Then we had lunch at the KOTO: Know One, Teach One restaurant. It is a really cool education Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) designed to rehabilitate people and help them turn their lives around. Food was fine; I had the Chao Tom (ground pork and prawns with rice paper). Interestingly enough, our waitpersons did not seem fit to give us hot water to make the rice paper pliable. Some of us thought that this was kind of strange. We visited the famed Temple of Literature where they trained most of the famed Vietnamese educators, philosophers and politicians. It was pretty cool to see the wisdom of the turtles.  



 

















No comments:

Post a Comment